FORIC (Forest as a resource industrial research college) is our industrial research school. Program manager is Prof. Per Engstrand. Coordinator for the research school is Dr. Olof Björkqvist. FORIC is financed by the Knowledge Foundation and a part of our research environment Transformative Technologies at Mid Sweden University.
FORIC is a graduate school in close cooperation with companies in Sweden where graduate students will increase their competitiveness. Academia and industry will benefit from interacting with each other. Today biorefineries become an important way to refine forest resources and develop the industry in a sustainable direction. But not even the really big companies can handle themselves of all the processes around the technology used in a biorefinery. Optimizing the chain from forest to finished product therefore requires collaboration between different companies in the forest industry and also other companies close to forest industries, such as logistics, recycling, waste, energy etc.
FORIC Phase 1 started in 2015 with 14 PhD students.
Researchers starting and progressing 2018
- Shiromini Gamage, Colabitoil
- Magnus Hörnsten, Domsjö Fabriker
- Christer Sandberg, Holmen
- Tommy Nordin, MoRe Research
- Tove Joelsson, MoRe Research
- Anna Thorning, Norrskog
- Malin From, Nouryon
- Mathias Lundberg, Pulp Eye (progressing from FORIC 2015)
- Robert Norgren, Ragn-Sells (progressing from FORIC 2015)
- Johanna Enström, Skogforsk
- Sara Starrsjö, SCA (R&D Centre)
- Bakram Gaynullin, SenseAir (progressing from FORIC 2015)