Business Administration Ma, Business Management, 7,5 Credits
Subject/Main field: Företagsekonomi
Cycle: Second cycle
Progressive specialization: A1N - Second cycle, has only first-cycle course/s as entry requirements
Answerable department: Business, Economics and Law
Answerable faculty: Faculty of Human Sciences
Date of change: 5/22/2013
Version valid from: 8/30/2013
The aim of the course is to stimulate to a reflective and critical approach to theories and practical applications within the chosen area.
After having gone through the course the student should be able to
- Define and explain central concepts within the chosen area
- Independently discuss and critically evaluate important issues in a multi-dimensional environment
- Analyze, distinguish, and formulate business administrational problems and independently gather and deal with material from formulated issues
- Independently delineate, design, and work out a written task with relevance for theory and issue and using business administrational methods
- Independently accomplish an opposition, actively and independently contribute in seminar discussions, and present articles and own work
The course deals partly with classical and contemporary theories, partly with contemporary knowledge, within a business administrational area which is chosen by a student in consultation with examining professor. Particular attention is directed to the practical application of the theories.
Selection rules and procedures
The selectionprocess is in accordance with the Higher Education Ordinance and the local order of admission.
The course consists mainly of tutorial meetings, when the student is guided by a tutoring professor in issues regarding literature, design, work out and presentation.
The examination has the shape of
- an end seminar when the student independently defends her or his work in the presence of the tutor
- approval by examinor
Grading system www.miun.se/betygskriterier
The grades A, B, C, D, E, Fx and F are given on the course. On this scale the grades A through E represent pass levels, whereas Fx and F represent fail levels.
Litteratur väljs i samråd med handledaren. Litteraturstudien bör motsvara cirka 1000-1500 sidor.
Literatures are to be found individually, after consultation with tutoring professor. Normally the candidate will have to cover some 1000-1500 pages.