Computer Engineering BA (C), Project Based Product Development, 15 credits
Subject/Main field: Datateknik
Cycle: First cycle
Progressive specialization: G2F - First cycle, has at least 60 credits in first-cycle course/s as entry requirements
Answerable department: Information Systems and Technology
Answerable faculty: Faculty of Science, Technology and Media
Date of change: 6/11/2018
Version valid from: 7/1/2018
The student will have training in, in a group with different competencies, developing a value-creating product based on a problem description, and training in participating in a project. The project work will take place primarily based on assignments from external constituents. This means that the student will get used to cooperating with representatives from the industry and with students with other competencies.
The students shall be able to:
- in cooperation with others identify the need of products and services
- in cooperation with others suggest products and develop services based on users' preconditions and needs
- participate in requirements capturing and in the formulation of requirement specifications
- follow a motivated project management model
- plan and participate in a project within given time frames
- understand something about the possibilities and limitations of technology
- present the product in speech and writing
- apply knowledge from previous courses in the discipline
- make some ethical considerations
- Initial exercise in innovation, requirements analysis, problem identification, search for creative solutions, competitor and market analyses, information gathering
- Intellectual property agreements: confidentiality, copyright, patents and open license forms
- Methods and tools for requirement engineering, test driven design (TDD), agile system development and version control
- Requirements gathering, problem-collection
- Project and time planning
- Requirement engineering and choice of use cases for each partial delivery (sprint)
- Unit testing, integration testing, user testing
- Selection of development tools
- Reconciliation meetings with demonstration of deliverables and presentation of test results
- Oral and written final project presentation and demonstration of prototype/demonstrator
- Documentation and presentation
At least two years studies on a university level (or the equivalence of 100 credits), and of these 50 credits in the main discipline (Computer Engineering), alternatively Business Management and Organization or Information Systems, including one course in web programming.
Selection rules and procedures
The selectionprocess is in accordance with the Higher Education Ordinance and the local order of admission.
The student will work in a project team which will be supervised by an external supervisor, and by an advisor appointed by the university. Open seminars will be given regularly during the course and the course will be ended with a presentation of the product / service in a final seminar.
0.0 credits, P001: Projects choice and attendance
Selection of project topic
80% attendance at seminars, study visit and group meetings during the first 3 weeks
3.0 credits, P101: Project Basis
Written project plan (in groups)
Demonstrating tested deliverable (in groups)
Assignment : Choose and present project methods and tools (individually)
Grades: Pass or Fail
12.0 credits, P201: Project
Report, written and oral presentation (in groups)
Demonstration of working prototype or demonstrator (in groups)
Written reflections (individually )
80 % attendance on group meetings and scheduled actitivites.
Grades: Pass or Fail
Grading criteria for the subject can be found at www.miun.se/gradingcriteria.
The examiner has the right to offer alternative examination arrangements to students who have been granted the right to special support by Mid Sweden University’s disabilities adviser.
Fail (U) or Pass (G)
Studenterna söker för gruppen relevant material
Those who do not by the third course week fulfill the requirements for P001, will lose their place as the university registers an "early break".