Computer Engineering MA, Distributed Systems II, 7.5 credits
Subject/Main field: Datateknik
Cycle: Second cycle
Progressive specialization: A1N - Second cycle, has only first-cycle course/s as entry requirements
Answerable department: Department of Information and Communication Systems
Answerable faculty: Faculty of Science, Technology and Media
Date of change: 7/11/2013
Version valid from: 8/15/2013
The course aims to give an enhanced knowledge about the architecture of distributed systems, as well as the methods for constructing these types of systems.
After finishing the course the student will be capable of
- understanding what distinguishes the distributed multimedia applications and which requirements they have on the underlying system layers,
- evaluating the existing applications and design new ones,
- designing and implementing secure and reliable distributed systems, and
- understanding the properties of dynamic distributed systems.
- Group communication
- Synchronization and co-ordination
- Distributed multimedia systems
- Dynamic distributed systems
Computer Engineering BA (AC) 52.5 hp, including the first course in Distributed Systems, 7.5 hp or Electrical Engineering BA (C) Telecommunications, 15 hp; Mathematics BA (AB), 30 hp including the course Discrete Mathematics, 7.5 hp.
Selection rules and procedures
The selectionprocess is in accordance with the Higher Education Ordinance and the local order of admission.
Teaching consists of seminars and a project.
7.5 hp, P104: Project with a written report and oral presentation.
Grade: A, B, C, D, E, Fx, and F. A-E are passing grades, Fx and F are failing grades.
The grades A, B, C, D, E, Fx and F are given on the course. On this scale the grades A through E represent pass levels, whereas Fx and F represent fail levels.
George Coulouris, Jean Dollimore, and Tim Kindberg, Distributed Systems - Concepts and Design, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company