Computer Engineering MA, Project-based Product Development, 15 Credits
Subject/Main field: Datateknik
Cycle: Second cycle
Progressive specialization: A1F - Second cycle, has second-cycle course/s as entry requirements
Answerable department: Department of Information and Communication Systems
Answerable faculty: Faculty of Science, Technology and Media
Date of change: 4/2/2014
Version valid from: 7/1/2014
The student will, in collaboration with students with other skills, suggest a new product or service as a solution to a problem formulated by external clients, and develop a prototype or demonstrator. The aim is that students should develop skills in capturing requirements, agile software development and test-driven development (TDD). The student should practice how to manage and work in larger development projects in accordance with an agile project management method.
The student will be able to:
- Capture requirements;
- Propose and develop products or services based on users' needs and abilitites;
- Designing products with regard to relevant social and/or ethical issues;
- Choose and apply adequate methods for test-driven and agile system development;
- Plan and manage projects according to an agile project management model;
- Interact with people with other skill profiles;
- Apply knowledge from previous courses on the subject, including advanced level courses, in industry related problems;
- Communicate the product idea verbally and in writing.
- Initial exerciese in innovation and rapid prototyping.
- Intellectual property agreements: confidentiality, copyright, patents and open license forms
- Methods and tools for requirement engineering, test driven design (TDD), agile system development and version control
- Project and time planning
- Requirement engineering and choice of use cases for each partial delivery (sprint)
- Unit testing, integration testing, user testing
- Reconciliation meetings with demonstration of deliverables and presentation of test results
- Oral and written final project presentation and demonstration
Previous studies 180 Credits, including Computer Engineering MA, 6 Credits, and a course in project management.
Selection rules and procedures
The selectionprocess is in accordance with the Higher Education Ordinance and the local order of admission.
The course may be offered as a campus course or as a web-based distance course. The student time commitment is estimated to about 400 hours.
3.0 Credits, P102: Student Seminars and first deliverable
Presented by oral student seminars, written project description, and demonstration of a functioning and tested deliverable
Grades: Pass or Fail
12.0 Credits, P202: Project presentation
Presented orally and in writing, and through the demonstration of prototype or demonstrator
Grades: A, B, C, D, E, Fx and F. A-E are passed grades, Fx and F failing grades.
Grading criteria for the the subject can be found at http://www.miun.se/en/Student/Services/Grading-Criteria.
The grades A, B, C, D, E, Fx and F are given on the course. On this scale the grades A through E represent pass levels, whereas Fx and F represent fail levels.
Studenter registrerade på denna version av kursplan har rätt att examineras 3 gånger inom loppet av 1 år enligt angivna examinationsformer. Därefter gäller examinationsform enligt senast gällande version av kursplan.