Education BA (A), Work-based Placement, 30 Credits
Subject/Main field: Pedagogik
Cycle: First cycle
Progressive specialization: GXX - First cycle, in-depth level of the course cannot be classified
Answerable department: Department of Education
Answerable faculty: Faculty of Human Sciences
Date of change: 6/26/2013
Version valid from: 8/1/2013
This course is for students to demonstrate depth of knowledge, skills and abilities in relation to the first level, and
- develop their knowledge of the type of school/ activity that actually applies
- develop their ability to independently integrate and use knowledge in the subject area pedagogy
- develop the ability to deal with complex issues and situations
- develop their potential for professional activities that demand considerable autonomy
The student must
- Know and be able to describe the objectives, content and methods and participate in all appropriate activities, and take part in all professional categories work
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, implement and evaluate activities/ teaching
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate knowledge and to analyze, assess and deal with complex issues and situations
- Verbally and in writing present and discuss conclusions and the knowledge and arguments behind them, in dialogue with various professionals
Internship in pre-school, leisure-centre, basic school, secondary or upper secondary school. Training school or other educational or social activities for children and young people.
Basic eligibility. Admission to Teacher Education and accepted for Erasmus placement or Nordplus placement in home country.
Admission to Teacher Education and accepted for Erasmus placement or Nordplus placement at Mid Sweden University.
Selection rules and procedures
The selectionprocess is in accordance with the Higher Education Ordinance and the local order of admission.
Internship in selected activities
Assessment is through and internship report. Local tutor makes a judgment in an assessment form. Link to criterion for subject-specific grade: www.miun.se/betygskriterier.
The grades A, B, C, D, E, Fx and F are given on the course. On this scale the grades A through E represent pass levels, whereas Fx and F represent fail levels.
Litteratur läses utifrån anvisning från hemlandets universitet/högskola
Literature is agreed in cooperation with home university/ college.
The course is for outgoing or incoming Erasmus and Nordplus students