Environmental Engineering BA (A), Environmental Engineering 1, 7.5 credits
Subject/Main field: Miljöteknik
Cycle: First cycle
Progressive specialization: G1N - First cycle, has only upper-secondary level entry requirements
Answerable department: Department of Ecotechnology and Sustainable Building Engineering
Answerable faculty: Faculty of Science, Technology and Media
Date of change: 5/16/2018
Version valid from: 8/15/2018
The course objective is that the student will obtain knowledge about technology and technical practices that help reduce environmental impact and efficient use of natural resources.
After completion of the course the student should be able to:
- explain basic environmental engineering concepts
- explain basic principles to minimize environmental impact supported by environmental engineering applications
- explain purification processes of water
- be able to make relevant human risk assessments of compounds
- explain management methods for solid waste and hazardous waste
- explain the problem of ionizing radiation as well as the management of nuclear fuel and nuclear fuel waste
The course contains the following: ecosystems, hydrology and water quality management, treatment/cleaning of water and wastewater, solid waste treatment (including hazardous waste and nuclear waste) and ionizing radiation.
Selection rules and procedures
The selectionprocess is in accordance with the Higher Education Ordinance and the local order of admission.
Grading criteria can be found at www.miun.se/gradingcriteria.
The examiner has the right to offer alternative examination arrangements to students who have been granted the right to special support by Mid Sweden University’s disabilities adviser.
The grades A, B, C, D, E, Fx and F are given on the course. On this scale the grades A through E represent pass levels, whereas Fx and F represent fail levels.
Author: Mackenzie L. Davis, Susan J. Masten.
Title: Principles of environmental engineering and science
Publisher: McGraw-Hill, London
Comment: 848 pp. ISBN: 978-1-259-06047-2