Business Management and Organization MA, Project Based Product Development, 15 Credits
Subject/Main field: Industriell organisation och ekonomi
Cycle: Second cycle
Progressive specialization: A1F - Second cycle, has second-cycle course/s as entry requirements
Answerable department: Department of Information and Communication Systems
Answerable faculty: Faculty of Science, Technology and Media
Date of change: 4/17/2014
Version valid from: 7/1/2014
The student will have training to in a group with different competencies develop a value creating product based on a problem description, and training in leading and managing a project. The project works will take place primarily based on assignments from external constituents. This means that the student will get used to cooperating with representatives from the industry and with students with other competencies.
The students shall show:
- ability to identify the need of products and services
- ability to suggest products and develop services based on users' preconditions and needs
- ability to suggest products and develop services based on a value creating focus
- ability to formulate requirements specifications
- abilities to lead and manage projects according to a motivated project management model
- ability to work and cooperate in a team
- ability to plan and carry through a project within given time frames
- insight in the possibilities and limitations of technology
- ability to present the product in speech and writing
- ability to apply knowledges from previous courses in the discipline, including courses on advanced level
- abilities to make ethical considerations
Requirements analysis, problem identification, search for creative solutions, competitor and market analyses, information gathering
Choice of development tools
Development of requirements specifications
Development of user tests
Production of for the project relevant economic analyses
Documentation and presentation
180 Credits (at least 3 years studies on university level), and of these at least 90 Credits in industrial engineering, business management and organization or equivalent. These should also include Project management, 6 Credits.
Selection rules and procedures
The selectionprocess is in accordance with the Higher Education Ordinance and the local order of admission.
The student will work in a project team which will be supervised by an external supervisor, and by an advisor appointed by the university. Open seminars will be given regularly during the course and the course will be ended with a presentation of the product / service in a final seminar.
3.0 Credits, I101: Student Seminars and first deliverable
Presented by oral student seminars, written project description, and demonstration
of a functioning and tested deliverable
Grades: Pass or Fail
12.0 Credits, P101: Project presentation
Presented orally and in writing, and through the demonstration of prototype or
Grades: A, B, C, D, E, Fx and F. A-E are passed grades, Fx and F failing grades.
Grading criteria for the the subject can be found at
The grades A, B, C, D, E, Fx and F are given on the course. On this scale the grades A through E represent pass levels, whereas Fx and F represent fail levels.
Studenterna söker för gruppen relevant material