Electrical Engineering BA (B), Digital System Design with VHDL, 6 Credits
Subject/Main field: Elektroteknik
Cycle: First cycle
Progressive specialization: G1F - First cycle, has less than 60 credits in first-cycle course/s as entry requirements
Answerable department: Electronics Design
Answerable faculty: Faculty of Science, Technology and Media
Date of change: 7/10/2013
Version valid from: 8/15/2013
This course aims to provide students with advanced knowledge of specification and design of digital systems for implementation in FPGA technology with hardware description language. It can include systems with embedded microcontroller cores and/or dedicated hardware designs.
After the course the student should be able to:
- Practically perform construction work and the realization of a system on FPGA
- Design, implement and verify FPGA based systems
- Draw conclusions about the design, engineering and verification
The course contains:
- Planning and implementing a development project programmed in VHDL and implemented in a FPGA
- Complementary theory needed for the specific project
- Job specification, systems design, implementation and verification
- Practice in oral and written presentation
Electrical engineering BA (A), Digital Electronics, 6 Credits.
Selection rules and procedures
The selectionprocess is in accordance with the Higher Education Ordinance and the local order of admission.
6.0 hp, P102: Projects with an oral presentation at the seminar, active participation and technical documentation.
Grades: A, B, C, D, E, Fx and F. A-E are passed and Fx and F are failed.
Grading criteria for this subject can be found on www.miun.se/betygskriterier.
The grades A, B, C, D, E, Fx and F are given on the course. On this scale the grades A through E represent pass levels, whereas Fx and F represent fail levels.
., ., ., .
För genomförande av projekt tillhandahåller kursansvarig viss litteratur och övrig litteratur får införskaffas av studenten via internet.
The responsible course lecturer will supply some necessary litterature required to complete the project. Additional litterature is required to obtain by the student through internet.