Electrical Engineering BA (B), Project in Embedded Sensor Systems, 9 Credits
Subject/Main field: Elektroteknik
Cycle: First cycle
Progressive specialization: G1F - First cycle, has less than 60 credits in first-cycle course/s as entry requirements
Answerable department: Electronics Design
Answerable faculty: Faculty of Science, Technology and Media
Date of change: 5/31/2017
Version valid from: 7/3/2017
The overall objective for the student is, based in his/hers previous knowledge, to independently acquire basic and in-depth knowledge in applied measurement and instrumentation techniques, which includes:
- Design of a measurement system with, by the student, selected sensor(s) from a given requirement specification.
- Analyse a technological problem and based on the analysis plan and document the project
In the course the student is given the possibility to use simulation tools, software and hardware for data acquisition, and design readout electronics for interfacing the sensor to the system
After completion of the course you as student shall be able to:
- From a given problem within applied sensor technology, select appropriate technology to realise an embedded sensor measurement system
- Document a project according to given instructions
- Work in a team and divide the work, plan, and integrate the team members’ different contributions.
- Verify the technological and physical limitations for the realised design
The course includes:
- Design and implementation of a measurement system with sensor, readout electronics, and data processing
- Introduction to Theoretical Statistical data processing
- Methods/Tools in data acquisition
- Adaptation of the signal from the sensor (s) with readout electronics for data collection
- Technical report writing
Electrical Engineering BA (A), 30 credits, including basic electricity, analogue electronics and digital electronics.
Selection rules and procedures
The selectionprocess is in accordance with the Higher Education Ordinance and the local order of admission.
The project starts with a mandatory project meeting. The course is given as project labs with a few lectures for introduction
6.0 hp, P101: Project with oral presentation
Grades: A, B, C, D, E, Fx and F. A-E are passed and Fx and F are failed.
3.0 hp, R101: Written report
Grades: A, B, C, D, E, Fx and F. A-E are passed and Fx and F are failed
Grading criteria for the subject can be found at www.miun.se/gradingcriteria.
The grades A, B, C, D, E, Fx and F are given on the course. On this scale the grades A through E represent pass levels, whereas Fx and F represent fail levels.
Kurslitteratur meddelas senare