Electronics MA, Project Based Product Development, 15 Credits
Subject/Main field: Elektronik
Cycle: Second cycle
Progressive specialization: A1F - Second cycle, has second-cycle course/s as entry requirements
Answerable department: Electronics Design
Answerable faculty: Faculty of Science, Technology and Media
Date of change: 6/14/2013
Version valid from: 7/1/2013
The student should gain experience in collaboration with people with different skills and to propose a new product as the solution to a problem formulated by an external client or by the researchers, and to quickly develop a prototype or demonstrator for testing and proof-of-concept. Moreover, the students should practice how to operate and work in larger development project according to an agile project management model. The course offers a specialization in the field of electronics, which includes areas such as embedded video systems, power electronics, RFID, printed electronics, fiber optics, microprocessors and programmable electronic systems.
After completing the course, students should have demonstrated:
- Skills to lead and manage projects using a motivated project management model;
- Ability in requirements capture;
- Ability for teamwork and collaboration in groups;
- Ability to propose and implement an electronic system based on user requirements and needs;
- Ability to integrate previously obtained knowledge;
- Ability to plan and implement a project within specified time frames;
- Insight into the possibilities and limitations of technology;
- Ability to communicate their product orally and in writing
- Skills in making relevant ethical considerations
- Requirements analysis, problem identification, collection of information
- Project planning and scheduling
- Developing requirements capture
- Overview of copyright contracts and patents
- Development of electronic system for demonstrator or prototype
- Test and evaluation
- Documentation of prototype / demonstrator
- Oral and written presentation
Previous studies of 180 credits, including Electronics MA, 15 Credits, and Project management, 6 Credits.
Selection rules and procedures
The selectionprocess is in accordance with the Higher Education Ordinance and the local order of admission.
The student works in a project group that has tutoring from both a university and an external tutor. Seminars are held regularly throughout the course and ends with a final presentation of the developed product/service.
Work involved in entire course normally includes 400 hours. This means that in addition to the scheduled time, the student must perform extensive self-study. During the course time, a number of mandatory seminars will be held.
3.0 credits, P101: Project Planning and seminars
Participation in seminars, delivery of written project description and time plan
Grade: Pass or Fail
12.0 credits, P201: Project with written and oral presentation, demonstration of prototype or demonstrator
Grades: A, B, C, D, E, Fx and F. A-E are passed and Fx and F are failed
The project is assessed based on the overall performance of the project. The grade is based on performance on the project task (depth, extent, quality of documentation and project task).
Grading criteria for the subject can be found at www.miun.se/en/Student/Services/Grading-Criteria.
The grades A, B, C, D, E, Fx and F are given on the course. On this scale the grades A through E represent pass levels, whereas Fx and F represent fail levels.
Ingen gemensamt beslutad kurslitteratur. Studentgruppen söker för uppgiften relevant material.