Terms and conditions

Students who are citizens of countries outside the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland are required to pay a tuition fee for studies in Sweden.

Tuition fees

The tuition fees for international Master´s Programmes at Mid Sweden University range from SEK 70,000-125 000 per academic year. 

The tuition fee includes:

  • For students studying a Bachelor or Master programme, the fee normally covers 30 credits per semester, 60 credits per annum.

  • For students studying individual courses, the tuition fee covers the number of credits in the course.

  • The fee includes access to campus facilities, such as computer labs, library and other study facilities.

  • The fee also includes study related services such as; Study and Career counseling, Student Health Center, Disability services and other study administration. 

The tuition fee does not include:

  • Accommodation costs

  • Course literature

  • Living expenses*

* The Swedish Migration Board estimates the cost of living as a student in Sweden to be SEK 8,010/month.

Terms and conditions

Terms of payment

  • Students for whom tuition fees apply are conditionally admitted to Mid Sweden University until the first tuition fee installment is paid in full.  

  • The tuition fee must be paid by the deadlines set by Mid Sweden University.

  • The tuition fee must be paid one semester at a time, prior to the start of each semester.

  • A student who is admitted to a study programme pays the tuition fee per semester, i.e. 30 credits or normal pace of study, in advance. For the study programmes 60 credits per academic year are awarded. If a student chooses to study more than 60 credits per academic year, a tuition fee is charged also for the exceeding credits.

  • Students enrolled for single courses pay a tuition fee related to the credits awarded for the course, in advance.

  • The tuition fee applies to the courses the student is enrolled in, regardless of the result. A student who has not completed his or her course may complete the course later without paying an additional tuition fee.

  • A student who does not complete his or her studies at a normal pace of study has the right to complete the studies without paying an additional tuition fee. A higher pace of study does not lead to a reimbursement of the tuition fee.

  • A student obliged to pay a tuition fee, who takes part in exchange studies within the framework of the education, must pay the tuition fee to Mid Sweden University for the time of the exchange, per semester and in advance.

  • Current students who fail to pay the remaining part of the tuition fee by the specified due date set by Mid Sweden University will be put on academic suspension, until the tuition fee is paid. Suspension is applied immediately (SFS 2010:543 § 11).


  • If the tuition fee has been paid and the course or programme is cancelled, the tuition fee is reimbursed in full.

  • The tuition fee can be reimbursed, excluding a deduction for administrative costs, if a cancellation of studies is caused by the denial of residence permit.

  • Reimbursement is not made for the part of the course or programme the student has already undertaken.

  • Decisions on reimbursement of tuition fees are made by Mid Sweden University by an individual assessment. To request an assessment for reimbursement to be made, a specific form needs to be filled in (Request for reimbursement of tuition fees).

  • Read more about reimbursement in our Reimbursement Policy, see PDF in right hand menu.

  • If there is a change in the requirement to pay tuition fees, the student must report this change to Mid Sweden University in written.  The report should contain a description of the changed situation and documents to support this.

  • In the case of a decision to change the status, the tuition fee may be reimbursed.  Reimbursement is not made for the part of the course or programme the student has already taken. The student has to claim reimbursement and verify the reasons claimed. The form ”Request for reimbursement of tuition fees” must be filled in.