Curriculum: Master programme (one year) in Business Administration, Marketing and Management, 60 credits, 60 credits
Cycle: Second cycle
Ref no: Miun 2006/1863
Answerable department: Department of Business, Economics and Law
Answerable faculty: Faculty of Human Sciences
Latest review: 7/8/2013
Version valid from: 8/15/2013
The purpose of the master programme is to educate business economics students in the specialization of marketing and management to make them employable in the private sector as well as in other sectors of society where there is a need for highly qualified people.
After successfully concluding the programme, students will:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding within the main field of Marketing and Management, including both an overview of the area as advanced knowledge in certain parts, especially Marketing and Management, as well as a deeper insight into current research field
- Demonstrate deeper methodological knowledge within Business Administration,
- From a deeper understanding of an industry in transition be able to critically seek, evaluate and apply knowledge to solve problems within a multidisciplinary context
- Have the ability through their own work to develop the integration of knowledge to deal with complex problems and to formulate judgments based on scientific approaches
- Be able to communicate findings and the underlying knowledge for both specialists as well as those less familiar with the subject, nationally and internationally
Specified learning outcomes of each course are stated at the heading “Lärandemål” in each course syllabus.
The programme is a one-year higher education course following the degree of bachelor with specialization on marketing and management. Courses within the programme:
Business adm., adv. level: Organisation and communication, 7.5 Credits
Business adm., adv. level: Efficient leadership and business ethics, 7.5 Credits
Business adm., adv. level: Consumer behaviour, 7.5 Credits
Business adm., adv. level: Marketing and networks, 7.5 Credits
Business adm., adv. level: Qualitative methods, 7.5 Credits
Business adm., adv. level: Quantitative methods, 7.5 Credits
Business adm., adv. level: Master thesis, 15 Credits
Degree of Bachelor (at least 180 credits) with 90 Higher Education Credits in Business Administration or corresponding education.
English course A from Swedish Upper Secondary School (Gymnasium) or equivalent. This can be proven by for example the following inernational tests:
- TOEFL with a minimum score of 530 on paper based test and not below 4.0 on the TWE
- TOEFL with a minimum score of 72 on internet based test and not below 17 on the TWE.
- IELTS Academic Training with a minimum overall score of 5.5 and a minimum score one the specific parts of at least 5.0
Descripion of programme
This specialization focuses on the organization and its relationships with customers and suppliers. Central themes are leadership in terms of the organization and the business system, its external and internal communication, its branding strategy, and its computerized administrative systems. At the end of the year, the students are offered a placement period. This specialization allows the students to take on qualified posts within marketing and selling. It is also suitable for positions within the communications department of firms and organizations. This degree of Master (One Year) with a major in Business Administration qualifies the student for doctoral studies within Business Administration at Mid Sweden University.
Selection rules and procedures
The selectionprocess is in accordance with the Higher Education Ordinance and the local order of admission.
Teaching and examination
Type of instruction and examination method is stated in each course syllabus
Title of qualification
Degree of Master of Arts/Science (60 credits)
Magisterexamen med huvudområdet företagsekonomi
Master of Science (60 credits) with a major in Business Aministration