Curriculum: Master Programme (one year) in Political Sciences, 60 higher education credits, 60 credits
Cycle: Second cycle
Ref no: Miun 2006/1866
Answerable department: Department of Social Sciences
Answerable faculty: Faculty of Human Sciences
Latest review: 8/13/2013
Version valid from: 8/30/2013
The Master programme in Political Science aims to give students an in-depth expertise in management and organization within the welfare state in a multi-level perspective of local to international level.
For graduation, the student:
• be able to demonstrate knowledge in political science to be used in a scientific purpose
• able to demonstrate theoretical and practical skills in political science, both regarding national and international conditions
• have knowledge and skills for independent scientific work at the advanced level including the ability to communicate results to the environment consisting of both experts and those less familiar
• have the capacity and ability to apply the obtained knowledge in professional practice.
Political Science Ma, Introduction to Advanced Studies in Social Sciences 7,5 Credits
Political Science Ma, Public Administration, 7,5 Credits
Political Science Ma, Evaluation Method, 7,5 Credits
Political Science Ma, Organization Analysis, 7,5 Credits
Political Science Ma, Research Method, 7,5 Credits
Political Science Ma, Political Theory, 7,5 Credits
Political Science Ma, Master (one-year) Thesis, 15 Credits
Degree of Bachelor (at least 180 Credits) with a major in Political Science,
Proven language proficiency in English (English course A), for example shown from one of the following international English tests:
- TOEFL with a minimum score of 530 on paper based test and not below 4.0 on the TWE
- TOEFL with a minimum score of 72 on internet based test and not below 17 on the TWE
- IELTS Academic Training with a minimum overall score of 5.5 and a minimum score on the specific parts of at least 5.0
Selection rules and procedures
The selectionprocess is in accordance with the Higher Education Ordinance and the local order of admission.
Teaching and examination
Teaching and assessment methods are specified in the syllabus for each course.
Title of qualification
Degree of Master of Arts/Science (60 credits)
Magisterexamen med huvudområdet statsvetenskap
Degree of Master of Science (60 credits) with a major in Political Science.
Courses can be held in english. Course evaluations are done after every course.