TAPPI’s Advanced Coating Symposium will be held October 4–6, 2016 in Stockholm Sweden at Innventia's headquarters.
What is the Advanced Coating Symposium? This is a symposium bringing together the world’s preeminent paper coating experts as they discuss successes, failures and best practices employed to bring their best laboratory concepts to commercial reality.
Who Should Attend? Product developers, researchers and academics who have scientific interest in the field of coating paper and paperboard substrates (barrier, bioactive, fundamentals), converting, and ink structures/interactions with coatings should attend.
What Will I Learn? The program will include papers in these areas:
- Advanced understanding of paper requirements (including surface characterization)
- Converting for barrier packaging, etc., coatings for printing and functional imaging
- Advanced understanding of paper coating processes and structures
- Chemistry of coating materials and interactions between the materials
- Coating structure and functional process properties
- Mathematical and computational modelling
- Sustainability: Advances at the Forefront
- Sustainable components and processes (including energy saving, coating recycling)
- Sustainable products (e.g. bioactive and barrier coatings, binder systems)
Why Attend This Symposium? For over twenty years, the TAPPI Advanced Coating Symposium (ACS) has been the preeminent forum to present and discuss leading edge, fundamental research in paper coating, surface properties, converting and printing operations. Participants include the world’s leading experts including suppliers, university researchers, paper manufacturers, product development and technical service professionals and printing and graphic arts specialists.
This is a symposium bringing together the world’s preeminent paper coating experts as they discuss successes, failures and best practices employed to bring their best laboratory concepts to commercial reality.
Read more and register on the TAPPI website: http://tappiadvancedcoating.org/