As an employee, if you are subjected to unequal treatment, discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment or retaliation, or if you are witness to an employee or student facing the same treatment, you should normally contact the immediate department head/supervisor for the institute/department.

If this is not possible, you can approach the closest senior supervisor, union representative or health and safety representative whom you feel is most appropriate. Try not to wait for too long, since, the more time that passes, the more difficult it becomes to rectify a situation. 

There are also other entities that can provide advice, support and information:

  • HR specialist
  • Occupational health services
  • The Equality Ombudsman


Reporting to the Equality Ombudsman

Anyone who feels subjected to discrimination is entitled to report the matter to the Equality Ombudsman (Diskrimineringsombudsmannen – DO), regardless of whether the department head/supervisor is aware of the discrimination and has conducted an investigation or not.

Procedures in the event of unequal treatment, discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment and retaliation. (in Swedish).

Further information about unequal treatment.


Equal opportunities officer

Jenny Gärdlund

Faculty of Science, Technology and Media (NMT)

Equal opportunities representative: Lasse Reinikainen

Faculty of Human Sciences (HUV)

Equal opportunities representative: Ulrika Lif

UTV: Catarina Arvidsson

EJT: Barbro Widerstedt

OMV: Maria Pettersson

PSO: Helena Hoppstadius

HLV: Katja Gillander Gådin

HSV: Ulrika Lif

University administration

Equal opportunities representative: Emma McKeogh