FAQ about covid for staff members | miun.se

FAQ about covid for staff members

When should I stay home from work?

All employees should work from home if possible, and after consultation with the immediate supervisor.

If you are ill and cannot work, please contact the Sercive centre and your immediate manager: sjukanmalan@miun.se or call +46(0)10-142 80 00, option 4.

According to the Communicable Diseases Act, each individual must be attentive and take reasonable precautionary measures to prevent the spread of communicable diseases. In addition, individuals who know that they have a communicable disease must take the actions needed to protect others from being infected. This is the case for all communicable diseases.

Please note that you have to be free from symptoms for two days before you go back to the university. 


Recommendations from the Public Health Agency of Sweden

Should we use protective masks?

Mid Sweden University follows the recommendations issued by the Swedish authorities. As long as there are no recommendations to use protective masks in common situations on campus, there will be no such recommendations for students or staff members at Mid Sweden University.

If you wish you wear a mask at campus, you are, of course, free to do so.

Will the university close or activities be cancelled?

During the autumn term, Mid Sweden University are offering what we call corona-adapted campus education. This means that the head of department, in consultation with the programme director/course manager and in dialogue with the Student Union, decides on which programs and courses are to be given on campus. As of 29 September 2021, the restrictions have been removed. The teaching takes place on the basis of schedule proposals already made.


How can I avoid being infected?

All employees are urged to stay updated and to follow the recommendations of the Public Health Agency of Sweden carefully.


According to the Communicable Diseases Act, each individual must be careful and do everything to limit the spread as far as possible. An individual who knows or suspects that he or she has a communicable disease must take appropriate actions to protect others from being infected.  This is the case for all communicable diseases.

Each individual with symptoms, even mild symptoms, must limit all social contacts in contexts where the virus might be spread, at work and in our private lives. The aim is to reduce the spread of the coronavirus.

All emplyees and students are to follow that recommendation.

Please note that you must be free from symptoms for two days before you go back to the university. 

How does the university deal with the risks of the coronavirus outbreak?

A risk analysis is carried out once a month, together with the safety officer and trade unions.

The university monitors the development closely and acts in accordance with the responsible authorities. They update their information and recommendations regularly, and it is therefore of utmost importance that both staff members and students stay updated through their websites. 

There is a coordination group for corona-adapted campus education at Mid Sweden University, with representatives from the faculties, the student unions and the administration. They meet regularly to look at all the practicalities and to coordinate the corona-dapted education the university currently offers. The group is lead by Eva Dannetun, Pro-Vice Chancellor for education.

Vaccinated or non-vaccinated

Civil servants are subject to constitutional protection against physical intrusion, in relation to the general public. State employers cannot therefore require employees to be vaccinated.

It is not forbidden for the employer to ask employees if they are vaccinated, but the privacy of the worker should be safeguarded and not unnecessarily asked questions relating to privacy. First, the employer cannot be sure that the response received is correct, unless the worker presents a certificate of vaccination, which the employer cannot demand. Secondly, the employer does not normally benefit from the answer either, since State employers are not allowed to make a distinction between vaccinated and non-vaccinated workers as a starting point. There may be activities that could exceptionally be able to relocate non-vaccinated workers or re-allocate their tasks within the framework of their duty to work. Such requirements should in any case need to be supported by the Public Health Authority’s recommendations.

Government employers should not make a distinction between vaccinated and non-vaccinated workers, but could encourage vaccination and make it easier for those who want to be vaccinated.

Can MIUN require a vaccination certificate? sida

An authority cannot require vaccination certificates, either from its employees or from the general public. Such a requirement would then entail an indirect requirement for bodily intrusion (vaccination) which is not permitted under the Swedish Constitution. Nor can we be required if, as an authority, we arrange, for example, a festivity through a company that provides premises and consumption. If the company requires a vaccination certificate to enter the premises, you need to contact the company and explain that it is not possible to require a vaccination certificate. The event needs to be organised without requiring a vaccination certificate, but on the basis of the Swedish Public Health Agency’s advice and regulations regarding COVID-19.

An authority which organises an event of any kind that is open to the public and which takes place indoors may choose either to limit the number of persons to a maximum of 100, or to apply the rules of the Public Health Authority on infectious disease measures for public gatherings and public indoor events with more than 100 people.

We have an external partner (but not other Swedish authorities) who do not allow unvaccinated persons to enter their premises. As an employer, can we ask the employee concerned if they have been vaccinated?

No, the state employer cannot require the employee, to his state employer, to present a vaccine passport prior to such a visit. On the other hand, the employer should make it clear to workers that, if they visit certain undertakings, they are expected to confirm, on a voluntary basis or at the request of the undertaking, that they are fully vaccinated. If they do not, they are also not at the employer’s disposal and the wage deduction may be made. However, before taking such a position, the employer should first examine the possibility of reallocating tasks. The employer should also examine whether the external partner can be satisfied with the employee’s negative Covid-19 test.

What if an employee whose work cannot be carried out from home feels fully fit for work despite having a small cold, refuses to be on sick leave and appears at the workplace instead?

The Public Health Agency recommends that anyone with COVID symptoms should be tested and be at home from the workplace. This applies to both vaccinated and non-vaccinated.

Read more on the Public Health Agency’s website: COVID-19 measures
Read more on the Public Health Agency’s website: How long should I stay home?

Under occupational safety and health legislation, the employer is obliged to try to prevent the spread of infection in the workplace. Each individual has the corresponding responsibility to help prevent the spread of infection, in accordance with Chapter 2, Sections 1 and 2 of the Infection Protection Act (2004:168).

If, despite the cold, the worker has the ability to work and the opportunity to work from home, this can be a way of dealing with the situation on the basis of the regulations of the Work Environment Act and the Infection Protection Act. The employee is then entitled to continued pay.

If the worker is unable to work, or the duties cannot be performed from home, the worker may be on sick leave on sick pay. However, leave on grounds of incapacity for work due to illness is a right of the worker and the employer cannot therefore order a worker to be on sick leave. As a general rule, the employer can only invite the employee who, in the employer’s view, appears ill to report on sick leave and go home in order not to infect others. If the employee does not comply with such a request, the employer may, under the right of management, temporarily remove a person from employment. How to deal with the issue of pay is laid down in Chapter 6, Section 10, of the terms and conditions agreements.

What should I do if I suspect I am infected with Covid-19?

It is now a legal requirement in Sweden to test yourself if you suspect you have a Covid-19 infection. If you show any symptoms, which could be due to Covid-19, you should immediately log on to 1177 and follow the instructions to order a home test kit, or contact your health center. Ordering a corona home test kit is free of charge. You should stay at home until you have received the test results.

Read more at 1177 Vårdguiden

How does Mid Sweden University act if a student or employee is diagnosed with Covid-19?

If a student or employee has been diagnosed with Covid-19, the person receives special instructions from their doctor/ healthcare provider. This includes information regarding sick leave, a possible self-isolation period, and contact tracing. The university shall not, and may not, make its own assessments in these matters.

Do I, as an employee, have to report to my manager if I have tested positive for covid-19?

According to the Communicable Diseases Act, you are obliged to follow the advice you receive from doctors / healthcare regarding self-isolation, sick leave and contact tracing.

You are not required to notify your immediate manager if you have tested positive for covid-19, but it is recommended. If you have visited your workplace during the previous two weeks, the people you met there will be included in the contact tracing. If your manager is aware of your positive test result, he or she can handle any concerns among colleagues in a better way. If you have not visited your workplace in the last two weeks, it can still be a good idea to notify your manager so that you can get the support you need.

Do my students have to report to me as a course coordinator if they have tested positive for covid-19?

The following instructions are published on the students' information page about coronavirus/ covid-19:

According to the Communicable Diseases Act, you are obliged to follow the advice you receive from doctors / healthcare regarding a possible self-isolation period, sick leave and contact tracing.

You are not obliged to notify your course coordinator if you have tested positive for covid-19, but it is recommended. If you have been in your class/ study group on campus during the previous two weeks, the people you met there will be included in the contact tracing. If the course coordinator is aware of your positive test result, is is easier for him or her to handle any concerns among fellow students. If you have not seen your class/ study group at campus, it is still a good idea to notify your teacher in case you need study support.

If you as a teacher or course coordinator become aware of the infection, you should notify your immeadiate superior without entering personal data. Your superior will inform the Dean who in turn has a dialogue with the coordination group for corona-adapted campus education.

If necessary, Mid Sweden University has a dialogue with infectious disease control via Eva Dannetun, chairman of the coordination group for corona-adapted campus education.


What happens if many students and / or employees in a group are infected with Covid-19?

If Mid Sweden University becomes aware that several employees and/ or students in the same group are infected with Covid-19, the university will contact the infection control specialist, who will decide whether or not specific measures are required.

What is the Government’s proposal to reintroduce compensation for withdrawal deductions?

The employer shall continue to make withdrawal deductions as usual. The measure means that the employee may subsequently apply for compensation from the Social Insurance Agency.

How does the lifting of the so-called karensavdrag work?

The previous decision on the withdrawal of the ”karensavdrag” has ceased as from 1 October 2021.

If you have been ill during the period from 11 March 2020 to 30 September 2021, you can apply retroactively for reimbursement of the withdrawal allowance by 31 December 2021.

The application is made to the Social Insurance Agency via their e-service. 

You can find information about how to apply here (Försäkringskassan):


Do I have to submit a medical certificate if I am sick for more than 7 days?

As of 1 October 2021, normal procedures regarding illness and medical certificates will be reverted. This means that you as a co-worker must submit a medical certificate from the 8th day of sickness to your manager/prefect.Normally, you are required to submit a medical certificate from day 8 of a sick period. This requirement has been lifted temporarily for sick periods after 13 March 2020. This is valid until 30 September 2021.

You will find further information at forsakringskassan.se



I am at higher risk for complications from an infection

If you belong to an at-risk group, it is very important that you talk to your immediate manager to ensure that you can work without exposing yourself to an unnecessary risk. 

How are employees updated about the current situation?

The university monitors the development closely and acts in accordance with the responsible authorities.  

All employees are prompted to stay updated via the miun.se staff pages, which are updated regularly in Swedish and English.

Should you have any questions, please turn to your immediate superior.


When should I sign off sick?

If you should fall ill you must sign off sick. Please contact your employer, as the university will pay for the first 14 days of your sick leave period.

Please notify your immediate manager and remember to send an email to sjukanmalan@miun.se or call +46(0)10-142 80 00, option 4. 

May I vaccinate against covid-19 during working hours?

Yes. The university management has taken a position to give employees the opportunity to be vacant without a salary deduction to vaccinate against covid-19.

The leave shall be met with the relevant manager so that the operations will not be adversely affected.

What do I need to think about when working from home?

The employer has the main responsibility for your work environment irrespective of location. As an employee, you also have a responsibility to contribute to a good physical and psychosocial work environment, be attentive and report any risks, incidents or accidents. Please notify your employer if your working environment can be improved in terms of workload, or your physical or psychosocial working environment.

Physical working environment:

·       Create a workspace at home, a place with as few distractions and visitors as possible.

·       Ensure that you sit correctly, that you have a comfortable chair, preferably with lower-back support, and a table at a suitable height.

·       Place your computer as a suitable distance. Avoid glares and reflections on the screen and poor lighting since it can increase the risk of strain and eye problems.

·       If you have separate keyboard, display screen, pointing device and/or armrest we recommend that you bring these home to your workspace.

·       Be mindful of your posture and avoid sitting with your neck and arms extended for long periods of time.

·       The height of the display screen should be arranged so that the top of the screen aligns with your eyes.

·       Remember that it is good to vary your working positions and that it is good to stand up and work if possible.

·       Remember to take breaks to move around and to have lunch as normal.


Psychosocial working environment:

·       Maintain normal routines as far as possible even when working from home.

·       Maintain digital contact with your colleagues and your manager/head of department e.g. through regular phone calls and Teams-fika or walk and talk lunches.

· Make sure to have pauses between meetings

· Make sure to mark the beginning and the end of your working day, for instance by taking a walk before and after.


More information can be found on the Swedish Work Environment Authority’s website:




Working hours

Working hours when working from home are regulated in the same way as in your regular workplace. The same regulations and working conditions apply. Any overtime must be authorised in advance by your manager/head of department. It is important that everyone takes responsibility for maintaining a good work-life balance.


If an accident occurs while you are working from home you may be covered for workplace accidents according to the Compensation for Personal Injury Agreement*(Swedish: personskadeavtalet, PSA). This applies if there is a direct correlation between the accident and the work being done on behalf of your employer, something which will be assessed based on the circumstances in which the accident occurred.

*Compensation for Personal Injury Agreement (PSA)
You are covered by an agreement via your job. The agreement is a complement to the financial support you can recieve from e.g. The Swedish Social Insurance Agency. (In Swedish: Personskadeavtalet)

In the case of an accident, plase contact your immediate superior.

Information security

Information security must be the same as in the regular workplace and you are responsible for ensuring that information is protected and that no unauthorised parties gain access to it. Legislation and policies regarding public access to information and confidentiality also apply when you are working from home. 

The handling of public documents when you are working from home must be of the same quality and security as it would be in the regular workplace. All public documentation, incoming as well as created, must be registered and made available to the public in line with standard practice.


You availability is the same as in your regular workplace. Your duties are the same and you participate in meetings as before, just via phone or your computer instead. Remember to maintain social contact with your colleagues through digital means instead of in person. All leave and absence (holiday, sickness, care of a sick child etc.) will be managed as before and in agreement with your immediate manager/Head of Department.

Meeting recommendations for the autumn

Meetings within and outside Mid Sweden University may take place after 2021-09-29 as before the pandemic, but the possibility of digital alternatives should continue to be considered.

Travel abroad in the course of the service is subject to a certain restriction. For more participatory information about what applies in different countries, see the Ministry for Foreign Affairs.




Efficient digital meetings - some pointers

We all organize or participate in digital meetings. Here are some pointers on how to create and carry out efficient meetings in a digital setting. 

In preparation for a digital meeting, it is of great importance to set up a clear agenda and purpose of the meeting. Be specific on goals, agenda points and what decisions should/will be made. 

  • Always be on time for your meeting. A weekly meeting can be started off with the organizer asking the participants to "check in" - i.e. to give a short status update. 
  • Make sure your camera and microphone are working before you enter the meeting. 
  • A digital meeting can be a more social and nice event if participants can see each other, so try to keep your camera on during the meeting. Most of us are probably longing for some social interaction during these pandemic times, but keeping your camera on also gives a sense of participation and interaction and it makes it easier for others to also pick up on body language. Also make sure that all participants in the meeting get the chance to speak.
  • Face your camera and try to keep your eyes on it so that the other participants feel as though you have eye contact and you are all engaged in the meeting. If needed, make sure you have a set of rules regarding the raising of hands so that participants are called on to speak and do not interrupt each other.
  • Be present and active in the meeting - avoid having a phone nearby or multitask by answering e-mails or other messages during the meeting. The other participants will notice when your eyes tend to focus on something other than the meeting. 
  • If there is a background noise where you are sitting, consider turning of your microphone when you aren't speaking. 
  • Try to avoid long meetings. Choose instead to organize more, but shorter, meetings. Remember to plan for breaks every now and then. 
  • Create a common forum where participants can find out more in preparation for the meeting, e.g. in Teams. 

Advice when teaching on campus

Advice for teachers: teaching on campus 

The goal of the university is to facilitate studies, considering the effects of the corona pandemic.    

General advice 

Facilitate studies whenever possible for students who need to stay at home because of illness or belonging to an at-risk group. You can do so by: 

  • Sharing the documents you showed during the teaching session. 
  • Encourage study groups, or divide students in study groups. In these groups, students can share notes and help each other if a student is absent.  
  • Be clear about what students need to do if they miss a course unit and how they should do it.  
  • Consider offering digital course units for students who cannot come to campus.   

Before the teaching session 

  • Prepare the students by offering them information about the course and encourage them to read and follow the recommendations at miun.se/en/corona 
  • Stick with the same groups if possible to minimize the number of student contacts.

During the teaching session 

Please remind the students orally of the individual responsibility and the fact that we are each other´s work environment. There is no way of knowing if the person next to you is at-risk or has family members in an at-risk group, for instance, and therefore, everyone must keep a minimum distance, wash their hands regularly and stay at home at the first sign of flu-like symptoms or illness, even if the symptoms are mild.   

After the teaching session 

Make it easy for the students to maintain distance by telling them to leave the room one smaller group at a time.  

Possible examination formats
Online exams present unique challenges compared to standard, campus based, exams. Our goal is to ensure that students are given the opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding in the best possible way.

 Here, you will find more information about the possible examination formats.

Who can I call if I need ad hoc teaching support?

We are introducing a new phone number for ad hoc teaching support for teachers, regardless of whether you are teaching at campus or in another location.

The number is: +46(0)10-142 84 65

Support for issues that are not ad hoc: helpdesk@miun.se

Filming lectures

We are currently offering additional support for teachers who need to film their lectures etc. Please contact helpdesk@miun.se for support.

What technical solutions and support are available to change the course format from on-campus to digital solutions?

Currently, we are working to create good conditions for the transition from campus courses to digital options. As a first step, the university may prioritize support to distance education with planned, on-campus, course units.  

To do so, we need to have a readiness in terms of the extent, to which our systems can handle such a change. A designated team focusing on digital solutions will repeatedly follow up this work. 

Support for teachers

What is important to think about regarding copyright for me as a teacher?

Here you can read more about copyright and find out what you need to think about when sharing material with students.

I do not have equipment like a web camera, headset or software?

You can order equipment here , at the Service Portal. For help with your order, contact IT Helpdesk.

What does it mean that teachers should facilitate the students´ studies during the Covid-19 pandemic?

Our ambition is to facilitate the students’ studies as far as possible, in spite of the effects the current pandemic has on our activities.

There are good examples of how this can be done among the advice for teachers, see Advice for teachers: Teaching on campus

Feel free to discuss solutions with your colleagues; however, to decide on and to prioritize activities, please contact your Head of department/ Director of studies to decide on a reasonable level of ambition and time that should be spent on this work.

In the support section of the forum corona adapted campus education in Teams, you have the opportunity to discuss solutions with other teachers.

As a teacher, can I use the teaching premises when students participate digitally?

Yes, teachers have normal access to the teaching premises, and you can use them for distance education. 

Can students use group rooms and open spaces on campus if they need to?

Yes, if they need to to be able to study, but it is of utmost importance that all students stay at home if they show flu-like symptoms, even if the symptoms are mild. Follow the recommendations issued by the Public Health Agency of Sweden. Students need their Miun card and code to access the buildings and group rooms can be booked. 

Will Mid Sweden University accept incoming exchange students the fall semester of 2021?

We will accept incoming exchange students during the fall. The conditions for how this can be done have been communicated to the department and faculty heads. It is up to the department heads to decide if the courses for this student group should be given or postponed until next spring. If you have questions, please contact our International Relations Office or your department head.

What do course representatives have to do in order to follow the regulations when teaching digitally?

It is important to carefully document the changes in the course syllabus, when changing the course format, examination format etc.

Only the syllabus content needs to be updated. 

UKÄ requires us to documents all the changes we make, but it can be done afterwards, for instance by means of a decision by the Head of department.

In what ways can you work with digital exams?

Read more about different ways of examination here.

Is a student entitled to an extra examination sitting if he or she cannot or decides not to take an examination?

No. A student who cannot, or chooses not to, take an exam, we will offer a retake and later on an extra examination sitting. 

The decision to change the examination format does not mean individuals or smaller groups will have extra examination sittings.  

Students who are taking the examination show symptoms of cold/ flu, or have been to risk areas, but still come to the examination hall. Can we tell them off, and if yes; based on what criteria may we do do?

In this case, we may refer to the regulations the Swedish Council for Higher Education, UHR, has proposed for the SweSAT this spring. It means that the Vice-Chancellor can decide on a code of conduct that come into effect in cases like these, where we deal with an active, communicable disease.

The students taking the examination must be informed that if they are ill or have visited a risk area, they ahould not come to take the examination. In cases where they come anyway, the Board of Discipline may suspend them afterwards for doing so.  

If a student travels to campus or to a learning centre only to find out that the examination is taken digitally; do we have to pay for the travel expenses?

If we have acted carelessly, thus causing the situation, we may have to pay a reimbursement, but normally not. The carelessness is the difference in this case. If we have caused the student economic loss by taking unnecessary measurements and not informing the student of this, thus giving him or her the opportunity to adapt to the decision. Looking at the measures taken in the rest of the country and globally, we consider these losses to be minimal, and we cannot be considered to be overreacting to the threat of the coronavirus. 

How do we handle the notification of special support?

If you have registration for the exam in Ladok, the students who have the right to special support can report their need for support. When the registration is closed, teachers only need to contact the Examination Coordination to check for any notifications regarding support (which in this situation only applies to extended time, 40% of regular writing time). If you do not use Ladok, you need to inform the students that they must show their certificates of support to you.

Here you will find contact information for the Examination Coordination.


How do students get their paper exams back?

The process below does not apply when examinations including correction are performed completely digitally in for example Inspera or Moodle.

During the current pandemic, the exam function can carry out the dispatch and storage of corrected paper exams according to the following process:

1. The students need to be registered in Ladok in order for the scan to be completed (this can be done afterwards if the exam is already written - the department administrator / administrator places a locked registration opportunity and reports to the students who have written. NOTE: This must be done before the result reported in Ladok! It is still recommended that exam registration is always done in Ladok, not least because students who have the right to special support can report it in the way they are instructed to do.

2. In order for a corrected exam to be scanned by STUA, the institutions need, to the Examination function, to supply an unwritten original paper exam, which shows the examination questions, date and course code. Along with the original exam, the students' written exams are enclosed where it is stated which student has graduated (for example printed from mail or other system).

3. In cases (for example when answers have already been sent to the student) where only examination questions must be scanned for archiving, they are sent to the exam coordination. In cases where there is no registration opportunity in Ladok, a closed registration opportunity is arranged by the administrator / administrator when the exam is sent.

4. No copy, neither digital nor on paper, is stored with teachers after they have been scanned, they must be deleted or sorted out.

If we wish to offer a course or course unit in another way, such as part of a distance education that is supposed to take place on campus, and offer a digital option instead, what are we allowed to do/ what can we offer?

The format, in which a course or a course unit is offered is connected to the course instance, not to the course syllabus. As the Swedish Higher Education Authority, (Swedish: UKÄ) has decided on how they will respond to a change in the examination format, we wish to apply the same solution for changes in the distance education format. This means that the format, in which a course or course unit is offered, can be changed. One example could be that a course is offered online insted of on campus. 

To do so, we need to have a readiness in terms of the extent, to which our systems can handle such a change. A designated team focusing on digital solutions will repeatedly follow up this work. 

The course unit we wish to offer as a digital alternative demands campus presence - what are we allowed to do?

In this case, the presence can be online or on campus. The relevant part of the mandatory course unit is not the physical presence, but rather active participation in the course unit. 

Please note: There may be course units in labs, or similar, that demand physical presence. In cases where the course unit cannot be offered, it is up to the activicty to decide whether or not the examination can be postponed to the next course date, or if an extra examination date must be decided on, and when this could be done.  

Can I defend my doctoral thesis as planned?

As of the fall semester of 2021, it is up to the Dean of the Faculty to decide on the format in which a public defence of a doctoral thesis should be conducted.

What happens to students currently on a placement (Swedish:VFU)/ internship where the placement/ internship is cancelled for some reason, in the current situation?

Students who currently have a placement period/ VFU/ internship should follow the instructions of their employer. In the healthcare professions, for instance, it is vital to stay at home if one has got symptoms of a cold. In the case of VFU at schools, the students should follow the school´s instructions and stay at home if the school closes. 

The department should have a plan to handle cases where VFU/ internship cannot be completed because the workplace is shut down. 

Please consider the following questions:

To what extent is the placement period completed, i.e. can a mark be given? If a mark can be given (pass or fail), this can be done although the period has not been completed.
If the placement period must be cancelled earlier due to the closing of a workplace and there are not material enough to support a mark, the placement period needs to be retaken later on. The department should have a plan to handle this and must offer a new placement period later on. 
The programmes must also be prepared to change the studies to individual study plans for students. If a student is sent home from the workplace for some reason, it should be investigated if there is an appropriate course the student could take instead, to avoid losing the student finance. These solutions may differ from one student to another. If a student must cancel a placement period, it may be an option to look into if there is an appropriate course the student could take instead, to continue receiving student finance.

If I want to find out more about schedule, where can I find that information?

You can read more about schedules on the Schedule function pages:  https://www.miun.se/en/staff/teacher/study-administration/Schedules--course-specifications/

Schedules this autumn

According to the Vice-Chancellor’s decision, Coronavirus-adapted campus tuition continues to apply throughout period 1, where only courses that are prioritised by the head of department may have tuition on campus.
As of reading period 2, Mid Sweden University returns to campus-based activities. In connection with the return to campus-based activities, the decision on the distance between seats and number of persons in Mid Sweden University’s premises is cancelled.

If I want to convert lectures or course elements into a digital alternative, for example zoom, how do I do with the schedule?”

Teachers can change the information in the schedule itself, as a note. They do not have to contact the scheduling staff. However, the scheduling staff members are available for support or to answer any questions the teachers may have.

You need to contact schema@miun.se to cancel the hall. If the room reservation remains, your institution will be charged for the room.

Will the university cancel bigger events this autumn?

The national restrictions on travel within Sweden have been lifted, but meetings/conferences/seminars etc. should be held digitally if possible.

Our Head of Security, Lennart Johansson, will give you advice and support, if needed. 

Can I accept visitors at campus?

Travel restrictions within Sweden have been lifted, but meetings/conferences/seminars etc. should be organized digitally if possible. 


Can I accept guests in our fika room or in the office hallway?

Travel restrictions within Sweden have been lifted, but meetings/conferences/seminars etc. should be organized digitally if possible. 


I have a planned business trip, what should I consider?

Travel restrictions within Sweden have been lifted, but meetings/conferences/seminars etc. should be organized digitally if possible. For international travel, you need to follow the recommendations of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Public Health Agency of Sweden. 



How can I process manual payments?

Should you have any questions, please contact e-faktura@miun.se