If you need a translation (Swedish-English, English-Swedish) or proofreading, Mid Sweden University has got an inhouse translator for texts covered by so-called overhead costs, and a list of recommended agencies for other translations and proofreading.


When should a text be translated and who should do it? This information can be found in the Mid Sweden University language policy appendix.

In general, the person who owns the information in Swedish must see to it that the text is translated into English, if necessary. In the case of texts shorter than 200 words, the general rule is that you should translate them yourself. 

Kristina Söderström of the Division of Communications takes on texts that are covered by the overhead costs.

All other translation and proofreading orders should be directed at our external partners, and these should be paid by the department, division or project ordering the translation.  

Please contact Kristina Söderström for a list of translation agencies.

Framework agreement for external translation and proofreading

Mid Sweden University language policy

Policy document for translation at Mid Sweden University,
appendix to the Mid Sweden University language policy