Erasmus+ Scholarship for exchange studies

Erasmus+ is financed by the EU and is the largest mobility program in Europe for exchange studies and traineeships. Students who study abroad within the Erasmus+ programme qualify for the scholarship. The scholarship is handled by the student's home university.

The Erasmus+ scholarship is for Mid Sweden University students accepted for an exchange at one of Mid Sweden University's partner universities within EU/EES. The exchange studies need to be full time during at least 90 days. The scholarship amount is calculated based on the study period and host country. During 2020/21 the scholarship range is 400-460 EUR per month. The scholarship is paid to the student in two installments. In the first installment, students receive 70% of the total amount. In the end of the semester, when the lenghth of study period is confirmed and the required EU survey is completed by the student, the remaining 30% is paid out. 

Erasmus+ scholarship levels by country, 2020-2021 (PDF)

 

Application

Apply for the scholarship after acceptance to the partner university. The application needs to be signed by you and the academic contact person at your department before it is sent to the International Relations Office at Mid Sweden University.

Application form and Grant agreement, Erasmus+ scholarship for studies (PDF)

Learning Agreement

The Learning Agreement is a requirement to qualify for the Erasmus+ Scholarship. This  document includes name of the sending and host university, relevant contact information, name of the courses that the student plans to take at the partner university, and how the courses will be transferred back to Miun. The document is signed by the student and contact persons at both Miun and the partner university. After completed exchange studies, the Learning Agreement is needed for the credit transfer. 

Learning Agreement (word document)

Online Language Assessment

Recipients of the Erasmus+ scholarship need to complete a web based language assessment, Erasmus+ Online Language Support (OLS) before the exchange studies and again upon return. The assessment measures language level before and after the Erasmus+ mobility. After completing the first assessment, there is a possibility to attend an online language course free of charge, as a support during the exchange study period. Students receive a link to the assessment which takes about 45 minuter to complete. The  language assessment and the course follows the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) levels A1-C2. 

Travel scholarship

If you choose to travel by train instead of plane to your study destination within Erasmus+ you may qualify for an extra 190 EUR travel stipend. The travel stipend can be used for train tickets or to partly cover a train travel card. If you choose to travel by train and make stop-overs in other countries during your journey, make sure that you have sufficient insurance. The Student OUT insurance is valid only in the country where you will study and during as direct travel there as possible.

Apply via email to Maria Fredlund.

Please include information on the planned travel route and preliminary travel dates. If awarded the scholarship, send copies of the purchase to the International Relations Office. Written/digital travel report is submitted after completed journey.

In case of more applications than available funding, awards are determined by lottery.

Support for students with disabilities

Student profiles from MappED- Inclusive mobility!

Particpants with disabilities who need special support or other arrangements during their exchange studies within the exchange program Erasmus+ may apply for extra financial support to cover these specific costs. The financial support is available only for participants with documented needs. Financial support could be granted for costs such as a note taker, sign language, psychotherapy, special transportation, higher costs for accommodation, and similar. Contact the International Relations Office and/or coordinators for students with disabilities for more information.

Contact

Maria Fredlund, International Relations Office