Business Administration Ba (C), Bachelor Thesis, 15 Credits
Subject/Main field: Företagsekonomi
Cycle: First cycle
Progressive specialization: G2E - First cycle, has at least 60 credits in first-cycle course/s as entry requirements, contains degree project for Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science
Answerable department: Department of Business, Economics and Law
Answerable faculty: Faculty of Human Sciences
Date of change: 1/9/2019
Version valid from: 8/15/2015
The aim of the course is to provide practicing to
- independently identify, analyze and present a business administrational problem,
- reflect about theory-, model- and methodological issues in business
administration and to
- independently plan, work out, and in writing and orally present an
inquiry – a bachelor thesis – on a scientific basis.
After completion the course the student should be able to
- independently discuss and consider business administrational issues,
- independently delineate, design and work out a minor research task with
relevance for theory and problem formulation and applying scientific
- independently work out an opposition, actively and independently
contribute in seminar discussions
- formulate and use different search strategies, how to criticaly review and analyse sources as well as search results, to interpret literature references and to be familiar with different types of publications within the international scientific publication system.
A bachelor thesis requires ten weeks studies. The course implies that the student in cooperation with a tutor, in pairs of two, is supposed to independently work out a minor research task. If special circumstances exist, the course coordinator may decide that the essay can be written individually. . The scope should be approximately 30-40 pages. The course ends with seminars in which students actively participate in the defense of their thesis and opposition in other thesis.
Business Administration BA (A/B) 52,5 Credits, with at least 22,5 Credits at BA (B) level, at least 7,5 Credits at BA (C) level and a method course in Business Administration or other subject, 7,5 Credits.
Selection rules and procedures
The selectionprocess is in accordance with the Higher Education Ordinance and the local order of admission.
The course consists mainly of tutorial meetings, when the student is guided by a tutoring professor in issues regarding problem formulation, literature, design, work out and presentation. The tutor´s influence and control is however reduced in order to create space for the students´ autonomy, creativity and personal responsibility. Nevertheless, the student should present her or his work to the tutor on three occasions during the process. The thesis coordinator and tutor decides to which extent there should be compulsory seminars in a thesis course.
The examination has the shape of
- grading of the completed thesis
- opposition on another student´s thesis
The course will be graded on the basis of the version of the thesis which the tutor har approved. The grade will be registered when the revised thesis is delivered in one copy to the department.
Grading system: www.miun.se/betygskriterier
The grades A, B, C, D, E, Fx and F are given on the course. On this scale the grades A through E represent pass levels, whereas Fx and F represent fail levels.
Litteratur väljs individuellt, i samråd med handledaren.