Business Administration BA (C), Business Research, 7,5 credits
Subject/Main field: Företagsekonomi
Cycle: First cycle
Progressive specialization: G1F - First cycle, has less than 60 credits in first-cycle course/s as entry requirements
Answerable department: Department of Business, Economics and Law
Answerable faculty: Faculty of Human Sciences
Date of change: 3/16/2016
Version valid from: 8/22/2016
The course aims to provide in-depth knowledge in designing and conducting qualified scientific investigations.
After completing the course you are able to:
- Define and explain key concepts in qualitative and quantitative methods
- Evaluate different methods and argue its suitability based on a current innovation- and marketing problem
- Process and interpret qualitative data
- Process and interpret quantitative data
- Analyse and conclude based on qualitative and quantitative data
- Conduct an investigation, compile, write and present data for decisions
In the course the students get basic knowledge to conduct marketing research and research project, from an innovation perspective. The students are going to develop the ability to plan, conduct and present marketing research in purpose to end with strategic decision support. Qualitative and quantitative investigation methods are mixed to get a deeper understanding and results on a general level. The students are trained in scientific method, strategic thinking, and written and oral presentation technique. In the course basic and central concepts in the field of innovation and marketing research are discussed. The students are trained to conduct and present qualitative and quantitative investigations. This means that the course include:
- Using and processing internal and external secondary data
- Qualitative investigations from an innovation perspective
- Quantitative investigations and observations techniques from an innovation perspective
- Writing reports and presentations on seminars
- International innovation focused marketing research
Selection rules and procedures
The selectionprocess is in accordance with the Higher Education Ordinance and the local order of admission.
Lectures, seminars and supervising.
Written tests, seminars and individually written assignments. Seminars and guest lectures are mandatory.
The grades A, B, C, D, E, Fx and F are given on the course. On this scale the grades A through E represent pass levels, whereas Fx and F represent fail levels.
Author: Malhotra, N.K., Birks, D.F. & Wills, P.A.
Title: Essentials of Marketing Research
Edition: Senaste upplagan.
Vetenskapliga artiklar tillkommer.