Industrial Design MA, Creativity and Problem Solving Methodology, 7.5 Credits
Subject/Main field: Industridesign
Cycle: Second cycle
Progressive specialization: A1N - Second cycle, has only first-cycle course/s as entry requirements
Answerable department: Department of Industrial Design
Answerable faculty: Faculty of Science, Technology and Media
Date of change: 9/3/2015
Version valid from: 8/31/2015
The aim of this course is
- to enable the student to apply advanced methods for problem cognition, analysis and problem solving
- to open up the student to think out of the box without presumptions, to understand the roots of intuitive creativity
- to give the student tools for systematic idea evaluation
At the completion of this course the student shall be able to
- identify the problems of an existing situation
- analyze the root cause of a problem
- describe the problem structure
- define a preferred situation
- apply suitable problem solving methods
- develop ideas quantitative:
+ by intuition
+ by system
- problem cognition
- root cause definition
- ideation process
- evaluation process
- documentation and communication
- presentation skills
Industrial Design BA (A-C), 60 Credits.
Selection rules and procedures
The selectionprocess is in accordance with the Higher Education Ordinance and the local order of admission.
The teaching consists of seminars and workshops where everyone participates, compulsory attendance. In addition to teacher-supervised time the course includes group work and independent studies.
The teaching may be in Swedish or in English.
7.5 Credits Participation in lectures and workshops, process documentation, presentation and logbook
Grades: Pass (P) or Fail (F)
Grading criteria for the subject can be found at www.miun.se/gradingcriteria.
Fail (U) or Pass (G)
Author: Simon Herbert A
Title: The Sciences of the Artificial
Edition: 3rd edition
Publisher: MIT Press
Course compendium, provided by the teachers