For high performing students applying to a study programme at Mid Sweden University, we offer a number of scholarships which will result in a tuition waiver of 70 000 SEK, 140 000 SEK or 250 000 SEK depending on the chosen programme.
All students who have applied to a study programme at Mid Sweden University starting autumn semester 2018, and who are required to pay tuition fees are welcome to apply for a Mid Sweden University Tuition Fee Scholarship. The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence.
Who is eligible to apply?
The Mid Sweden University Tuition Fee Scholarship is aimed at top academic students from countries outside the EU/EEA (and Switzerland). Students who have applied to the following study programmes at Mid Sweden University starting autumn semester 2018, and who are required to pay tuition fees are welcome to apply for a Mid Sweden University Tuition fee Scholarship. The scholarships can be applied for by applicants of the following programmes:
A fee waiver of the tuition fee with 70 000 SEK:
A fee waiver of the tuition fee with 140 000 SEK:
A fee waiver of the tuition fee with 250 000 SEK:
- International Master's Programme in Computer Engineering, 120 higher education credits
- International Master's Programme in Ecotechnology and Sustainable Development, 120 higher education credits
- Master's Programme in Embedded Sensor Systems
Requirements for scholarships:
- The Scholarship is awarded for a fee reduction of 70 000 to 250 000 SEK for the tuition fee for the programme at Mid Sweden University the student has applied to at the time of the scholarship application.
- The scholarship amount is deducted from the tuition fee invoice for the programme which the awarded student is acceepted into. This means that the scholarship will not be disbursed to the student.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to another programme at Mid Sweden University or another university.
- The scholarship is valid only for studies starting autumn semester 2018 and cannot be postponed.
To be considered for a scholarship, the following conditions apply:
- The application for studies must be made no later than January 15, 2018, at www.universityadmissions.se.
- The applicant must be admitted to one of the above mentioned programmes starting in the autumn semester 2018.
- The applicant must be citizen of a country outside the EU/EEA/Switzerland.
- The applicant must be required to pay a tuition fee.
If awarded a scholarship the Scholarship holder is obliged to:
- Pay the tuition fee according to the tuition fee invoice. If payment is not made on time the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- Enter into a written scholarship contract with Mid Sweden University before starting the studies.
- Confirm his or her citizenship by means of a passport photocopy before starting the studies. Inform Mid Sweden University if personal conditions change and the student is no longer required to pay a tuition fee. The scholarship will then be withdrawn for that part of your studies.
- If the scholarship holder does not enroll at Mid Sweden University, the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- If the scholarship holder intermits his/her studies at Mid Sweden University, the scholarship will be withdrawn for the remaining part of his/her studies.
- If the scholarship holder wrongly has stated that he or she met the conditions for the scholarship, by a misunderstanding or for another reason, the scholarship will be withdrawn.
Students apply for the scholarship after the application for admission to Mid Sweden University. The application for admission must be submitted at www.universityadmissions.se no later than January 15, 2018. The application for the scholarship is done by filling out an online application. The academic excellence of applicant will be assessed in accordance with the supporting documents submitted when applying for admission at Mid Sweden University. The applicants do not have to send in the supporting documents again.
Last day to apply for scholarships was February 5, 2018. The application is now closed!
The ranking process is based on academic excellence. For this selection process, Mid Sweden University will take an even distribution according to gender into consideration. Applicants who ranked Mid Sweden University as their first priority when initially applying to the university have preference.
Applicants will be notified of the result of their scholarship application individually by e-mail to the address that was given on the application form. Notification will be sent no later than April 20, 2018. If the applicant accepts the scholarship and accepts the offer of admission at univeristyadmission.se, an e-mail with further information will be sent. A scholarship contract will be given upon arrival on campus.
When applicants have been awarded and accepted a scholarship, the amount awarded will be deducted from the tuition fee invoice accordingly. No money will be disbursed to the scholarship holder personally. Please note that the Mid Sweden University Tuition Fee Scholarships do not cover living costs. They only cover tuition fees, depending on the cost of the programme. Travel, living and other expenses must be covered by other means of funding.
Certificate of scholarship
When awarded a scholarship, information regarding the scholarship is clearly stated on the invoice of the tuition fee. The scholarship amount is deducted from the tuition fee, and the tuition fee invoice is your certificate of the scholarship. No separate certificate will be provided.
Mid Sweden University always provides the Migrationboard with the name of the scholarship holders. No certificate is needed for the residency permit.
Questions regarding the scholarships can be sent to the International Office at Mid Sweden University, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org