On April 2-4 we arranged the 11th Fundamental Mechanical Pulp Research seminar in Norrköping together with our partner companies ÅF, Valmet, Holmen and Treesearch. Approx. 90 persons from academia and forest industries attended the conference.
- Tommy Wiksand – Holmen Paper - A company in transition based on mechanical pulp
- Thomas Granfeldt – Valmet - High Yield Pulping - now and forever!
- Per Engstrand – FSCN - Research trends in high yield pulping
Here are the presentations during the seminar
- Per Engstrand – Decrease in strength along a process line for SC paper
- Lars Johansson – Chip washers – do we need them?
- Christer Sandberg – The centre plate design affects refiner performance
- Per Gradin – The Influence of the Cutting Rate on the Damage State of a Wood Chip
Fibre Modification and new products
- Tove Joelsson – Unique steel belt press technology for development of high strength wood-containing papers
- Rana Alimohammadzadeh – Sustainable Surface Engineering of Chemimechanical Pulp Fibers by Synergistic Combination of Metal-free Catalysis and Polyelectrolyte Complexes
- James Olson – Low Consistency Refined Microfibre: MFC alternative for High Bulk, High Tear and High Tensile Mechanical Pulp
- David Myja – 4-acetamido-TEMPO-mediated oxidation of wood chips and thermomechanical pulp in large scale
- Hafizur Rahman – Maximized wood chip impregnation efficiency validated by new miniaturized X-ray fluorescence techniques
- Sven Norgren – Market pulp of CTMP with double strength properties
- Erik Persson – Spruce HT-CTMP revisited – A high yield, energy efficient pulp for future products
Modelling and control
- Fredrik Bengtsson – Refining models for optimization and control – How to use such models for pulp and handsheet property estimations
- Johan Sund – Effects of online pulp analysis frequency and chest retention time on refiner control performance
- Anders Karlström – Deep learning in Refining Processes – A Pre-study of Internal and External Variables Impact on Pulp Properties
- Johan Persson - Modelling feed to a double disc refiner
- Magnus Heldin – On tool engagement in groundwood pulping — in-situ observations and numerical modelling at the microscale
- Göran Thungström – Evaluation of pulp by optical transmission and scattering measurement
- Ola Johansson – Experiences of Single Point Morphology Measurements in Mechanical Pulp
- Olof Ferritsius – Heterogeneity
Study visit Holmen Braviken
Fredrik Holgersson, Mill Manager, Welcome to Braviken
Fredrik Bragsjö, Pulp mill Manager – TMP Braviken
Guided mill tour, Christer Sandberg, Holmen is the guide!